Hume COVID Screening
Here you will find instructions for completing your screening prior to attending camp by uploading valid proof of a negative test result or vaccination.
Upload Screening Documentation
Choose one option:
Proof of Vaccination
A camper is considered by Hume to be fully vaccinated when 14 days have passed since their final dose. A camper who will not be fully vaccinated by their arrival date should choose a testing option instead of uploading proof of vaccination.
Proof of Negative COVID Test
Upload a negative PCR test result taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to camp (Thursday) or an Antigen test result taken no earlier than 24 hours prior to arrival to camp (Saturday). Please note Antigen tests are for CA locations only.
This was a late decision requested by our counties.
Hume will not accept self-administered, self-verified, self-reported test results, tests with mailed-in samples or tests purchased over-the-counter.
Proof of COVID Infection in last 90 Days
Those who have had COVID-19 in the past 90 days are exempt from testing requirements if they are able to submit lab results and more than 10 days have past since the positive result.
What happens if my test is positive?
Contact the Hume Lake Health Center at 559-305-7700 or at email@example.com to speak with our nurse.
Hume Lake accepts negative PCR or Antigen test results that have been administered and verified by a 3rd party testing professional only.
Hume Lake will not accept self-reported, self-verified test results or tests that require mailed-in samples.
PCR or Rapid Antigen Tests administered at a doctor’s office, clinic, hospital, urgent care, CVS or pharmacy, county or public health departments, etc., and verified by a licensed healthcare or testing professional (non-family member).
What is Antigen testing?
Antigen tests detect proteins of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that form during the infection cycle and indicate that a person has an active infection. Rapid antigen tests offer several important benefits. They are highly portable, scalable, easy-to-use and provide a flexible approach to helping more people in more places get access to reliable testing in a cost effective way.
Hume’s medical team typically does not conduct randomized testing of otherwise healthy campers or campers who are not known to have been exposed to COVID-19. As per our Informed Consent for COVID-19 Testing of a Minor, we test campers for exposure, usually when they are symptomatic, but also if we determine a camper has been exposed to COVID-19 prior to or during camp.
- We send the entire cabin/cohort home, regardless of vaccination status, to reduce potential exposure.
- In some cases, the scope may move beyond the cabin/cohort or be less than the whole cabin/cohort if appropriate for the situation.
- When a camper or entire cabin/cohort is sent home, the church or family of the camper is asked to coordinate pick-up and associated costs.
- Hume Registration will prorate the cost of camp by the number of nights the camper was in camp before testing positive.
- All parents of campers who test positive or were exposed to COVID-19 while at camp should expect to be contacted by their county’s health department with further instructions for quarantine or isolation.