What is Fall at Hume?
Are you weary and burdened right now? Not sure where God is in the midst of the COVID madness, social unrest, and unknown tomorrow? Or maybe you are standing on solid ground and just want to sing to the Lord a new song of praise and honor. Fall at Hume is for all of us who are in need of a change of pace to seek, to rest, to rise, to praise, to recharge, to laugh, to play, to just be. Come to the mountain. Seek Jesus. Find rest.
“I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
– Psalm 121:1-2 –
“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
– Jesus –
We invite you and your family to join us up at Hume Lake for a burden-free time to just relax and enjoy a couple days in some of God’s best creation. Yes, we’re biased. 🙂
Registration by phone only. All lodging will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Take some time to rest and relax in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains. No set schedule, just come up and be.
Some older mapping services will suggest you take the 245. It is a curvy, winding road that will take you at least an additional hour. DO NOT take 245!
There are so many things to do here this fall! Escape some of the stresses of life and spend time in God’s creation…
Praise the Lord while surrounded by His beauty in the Sierra Nevada
Enjoy the lake!
Take a well-earned nap
Witness a beautiful sunrise or sunset
Explore the mighty Kings Canyon or Giant Sequoia forests
All meals will be “a la carte” dining out of Ponderosa Dining Hall
Families staying in our lodges and cabins will receive 20% off public rates for meals at our Dining Hall
Breakfast – 6:45-8:30 AM
Lunch – 11:45 AM -1:15 PM
Dinner – 4:30-6:00 PM
Outdoor seating available (Pine Tree Deck and Ponderosa Lodge Deck)
We do not offer free guest WiFi at this point in time. We do offer Internet for a fee; however, the speeds here are not fast. Purchase at your own risk.
The Hotel Experience
The Dorm Experience
The Camp Experience
Due to statewide policies put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19, all guests must come prepared to follow these guidelines:
– All guests must fill out a Health Screening Form no earlier than 24 hours before you arrive at Hume.
– All guests must take their temperature and check for any COVID-19 symptoms prior to departing for their stay at Hume Lake. The CDC defines symptoms as (but not limited to):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
In addition, guests will be required to record their temperature and check for symptoms prior to leaving their room each morning. Please bring a thermometer for your household.
- All guests should wear masks when inside any of our facilities other than your lodge/dorm room or when at a table at our outside eating areas. Please bring masks for every member of your family!
- When outside, all guests must abide by social distancing rules and maintain 6 feet of distance from those outside of their immediate family.
- All guests should continue to practice frequent hand-washing and monitor themselves daily for any symptoms of illness.
- Guests should plan on bringing their own recreational equipment such as volleyballs, lawn games, basketballs, lawn chairs, etc.
- Guests should be prepared to be as self-sufficient as possible. For example, arrive with your own face masks, surface wipes, hand sanitizer, hand towels, first aid kit for minor injuries, and personal hygiene supplies, sunscreen, water bottles, etc.
- Stay Hydrated. It’s easy to not drink enough water on cool mountain days, so PLEASE bring water bottles and stay hydrated to keep yourself healthy and feeling great!